This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. All thoughts are genuine and my own.Jump to Recipe
My husband absolutely loves casseroles. This recipe is not your typical casserole. It’s a lot healthier and fresher and it cooks so quickly. This chicken is great by itself but also goes well served with rice or even in a tortilla (that’s my husbands favorite way). Prep the meal in under 5 minutes, throw it in the oven for a half hour and boom! Dinner is on the table.
30 Minute Southwest Chicken BakeCourse: dinnerDifficulty: easy
2 chicken breast- butterflied/halved
1 can of sweet corn
1 can of black beans
1 4 oz can of diced chiles
2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Combine corn, beans and chiles in a bowl.
- Pour corn mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Top with cheese and place in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken before serving. Serve over rice, in a tortilla or on its own.
- Halving the chicken before baking helps it cook quicker and makes the chicken much more tender and juicy!
Looking for a way to simplify life? I am offering my menu and grocery planning printable for free! This meal is one of the ones that makes it onto our weekly menu often! Find how I like to plan for the week and the grocery shopping here.